Education for children

An education that helps you develop to your greatest ability.

It means that every child has the right to education that helps them learn.
In the breadwinner there is a girl called Parvana. She lives in the capital city of Afaginstan which is Kabul. But then the Taliban came to power and terrorize many innocent citizens in Kabul.
When the Taliban came to power they closed down school and burned books and schools of any type was illegal. When Parvana’s school closed down she is forced to stay at home until the Taliban left Kabul. Parvana’s older sister Nooria is also forced to stay home because her high school is also closed down. Before the Taliban came Nooria had planned a future for her after she finished high school. She would’ve got a job as a teacher or went to university. Without education many people in Kabul do not know how to read or write in their own language. That is how Parvana’s father earned money as a letter reader because he got an education and went to university.
When Parvana’s was forced to stay at home it reminded me of when I was in China in kindergarten the teachers were very mean to me and my classmates. However it wasn’t as bad as Parvana’s life because she can’t even go to school.

One thought on “Education for children

1. Caspar, yes, it’s amazing how those in power can affect individual lives, and you’ve pointed this out accurately in the nove.